People ask us frequently, is SEO still a good investment in 2021, and beyond? Our simple & short answer is: YES! SEO is far more important than ever! Every few years, a few voices from distant corners of the marketing world whisper that SEO is dying. But with an estimated value of over $70 billion dollars, SEO isn’t going anywhere soon.
It’s still one of the most potent digital marketing strategies that drive long-term results and will continue to drive. Though there are various benefits of SEO, including but not limited to an increase in conversions and traffic, credibility, visibility and also brand awareness.
According to stats, there are an estimated 3.5B searches on Google each day. But while only 0.78% of Google searchers click on results from the second page, the #1 result in Google’s organic search result gets an average CTR of 31.7%.
In order to get maximum leverage from search traffic you need to rank on first page of Google, and that’s where you need SEO but be very cautious as outdated SEO tactics can kill your rankings and destroy your over all search engine standing in no time.M/p>
Your first priority must be to optimize your content for readability, user experience, and solving the user queries. Keep in mind, Google’s goal is to understand the intent behind the keywords and the content as a whole, not simply matching the actual keywords themselves. Google like every online business owner, also love to see users engaging with the content and spending time on your website exploring it in detail and getting their answers and proceeding with the conversions
We have outlined important stats related to SEO to give you a glimpse of its importance:
- 68% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
- Google currently holds 92.27% of the total search engine market share (Google + Google Images), followed by YouTube (owned by Google), Yahoo, Bing and Amazon.
- 61% of B2B marketers stated that SEO and organic traffic generate more leads than any other marketing initiative.
- 80% of major purchases start with online research, even if the purchase itself happens in a store.
- 47% of consumers view 3-5 pieces of content created by a company before talking to a salesman from that company.
- 70% of online marketers say that SEO is better than PPC for generating sales.
- 75% of people never scroll past the first page of search engines.
- 85% of people perform some type of online research before making a purchase online.
- Leads from search engines have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (ex. cold-calling, direct mail, etc.) have a 1.7% close rate.
- 70 to 80% of people ignore paid search results, choosing to only click on organic search results.
- Bounce rates increase by 103% if your website takes 2 seconds extra to load.
- Conversion rates fall by 7% for every extra second that it takes your website to load.
- Voice search currently accounts for 20% of total searches.
Google only loves you
when everyone else love you first